Weekly Digest 21/2022
Welcome to my Weekly Digest #21.
This weekly digest contains a lot of interesting and inspiring articles, videos, tweets, podcasts, and designs I consumed during this week.
Interesting articles to read
This RFC outlines the biggest update to Next.js since it was introduced in 2016:
- Nested Layouts: Build complex applications with nested routes.
- Designed for Server Components: Optimized for subtree navigation.
- Improved Data Fetching: Fetch in layouts while avoiding waterfalls.
- Using React 18 Features: Streaming, Transitions, and Suspense.
- Client and Server Routing: Server-centric routing with SPA-like behavior.
- 100% incrementally adoptable: No breaking changes so you can adopt gradually.
- Advanced Routing Conventions: Offscreen stashing, instant transitions, and more.
This RFC outlines the biggest update to Next.js since it was introduced in 2016: Nested Layouts: Build complex…
Lesser-Known And Underused CSS Features In 2022
CSS is constantly evolving, and some cool and useful properties either go completely unnoticed or are not talked about as much as others for some reason or another. In this article, we’ll cover a fraction of those CSS properties and selectors.
Some great videos I watched this week
Advanced Rendering Patterns
As modern applications are getting more and more complex, it’s quite easy to end up with large bundle sizes and long loading times. Although there are many tools that can help with performance, there’s still a lot you can do as a developer to load your code more efficiently.
Serverless for frontend engineers, in 10 minutes
Get a quick overview of what serverless is and what it does for you. From why servers make fun ideas boring to how serverless makes the boring work somebody else’s problem. And a peek into the future with modern platform-integrated frameworks.
Useful GitHub repositories
Wikipedia Speedrun Game
The goal of the game is to navigate from a starting Wikipedia article to another one, in the least amount of clicks and time.
Task management: to do list dashboard
Cryptio ⁝ Crypto App
<input type="range"> was segmented?
Netlify loading animation
Podcasts worth listening
TypeScript Tooling Explained
In this episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk through TypeScript tooling, build tools, configs, and editors.
Thank you for reading, talk to you next week, and stay safe! 👋